Sunday, July 3, 2011

Not one of the signers of the DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE died fighting for the cause.

Enjoy your independece, just don't die for it. That was the sentiment of the founding fathers. Or at least that's how it would seem. Out of the 56 signers of the Declaration of Independence not one of them died fighting in the Revolution.

This may not mean anything to you or change the way you feel about them but when I see a statistic like this it reinforces my beliefs in this country.

I'm sure you can understand that my beliefs may be different form your own due to my upbringing. That said, when I see a fact like this it makes me think that the "Signers" believed in FREEDOM but not enough to risk their own necks for it. A lot like the politicians of today.

Please enjoy the holiday and have a safe weekend just try and remember why you are celebrating.

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/p/patriots.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment